Post COVID-19 Temple/Mandir Re-Opening
Guidance for Visitors
The government has announced that from week commencing 4th July 2020 place of worships can re-open for services.
We have carried out a risk assessment to identify and manage risk of COVID-19 and have taken reasonable steps to implement social distancing measure as per the government guidelines. The below visiting guidance forms part of the control measures in place:
Opening Timings and Access Restrictions
- 6:45 am – 7:45 am
- 6:45 pm – 7:45 pm
- No access outside these timings
- Access limited to 25 individuals at any given time.
- Access available based on pre-booking only. To check availability and make visit bookings kindly visit www.ydsuk.org.
Hygiene & Safety Instructions
You should not attend or visit the temple/mandir if:
- You or anyone in the household have developed COVID-19 symptoms or have recently come in contact with someone that has COVID-19 symptoms.
- If you have made overseas travel within the past 14 days.
- If you are self-isolating, shielded or clinically vulnerable.
- If you are living with a shielded or clinically vulnerable person.
- Wearing face mask and face covering is compulsory when visiting the temple/mandir.
- To maintain social distancing the maximum number of people allowed in the temple/mandir at any given time will be 25.
- Please avoid or minimise the use of public transport when visiting the temple/mandir.
- Please use hand sanitiser before entering the temple/mandir.
- To perform darshan only stand in your designated spot whilst maintain 2-meter distance from each other.
Form of Worship
- Singing bhajan, prayers, slokas and other forms of worship are prohibited.
- Dandvat, Panchang Pranam and touching the floor is strictly prohibited.
- Offering flowers, food items, fruits & vegetables to the temple is prohibited. Kindly avoid bringing any of such item to the temple/mandir.
- Offering prasad is suspended.
Generic rules & safety practice
- You must keep at least 2 meters apart from those not in your household, whilst in the premises.
- Follow all visitor notices, signages and guidance from volunteers.
- Do not touch feet of others to offer pranam or dandvat.
- Meeting and greeting between families and individuals are strictly prohibited inside and outside the premises.
Contact Tracing / Emergency Contacts
Please immediately inform and notify to below email, if you develop symptoms or are diagnosed with COVID-19 within 7 days of visiting temple/mandir:
We will continuously monitor and review these arrangements on a regular basis, Government advice is changing as we learn more about COVID-19 and as we enter different phases of the lockdown measures. We will review changes on a much higher frequency then those of a normal risk assessment to ensure the latest guidance is being followed.